Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quick and Easy Gift Idea

This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive gift idea that you can make if you need a gift for someone at the last minute. I bought the frame at the Dollar Store and had it in my closet just waiting for an idea to pop into my head to use it. I checking out different blogs and came across Wendy Bell's blog and saw this on her blog. I CASED it. She did the word Believe but I thought the word "Joy" was just as good and it fit in the frame I had on hand. I added snowflakes embossed with Iridescent Ice all over the Whisper White background. I thought it added a little more sparkle for the season. I also punched it up with red ribbons at the top of the Christmas Balls. The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS: Lovely Letters Alphabet, Baroque Motifs, Serene Snowflakes
PAPER: Whisper White, Brushed Gold, Handsome Hunter, Real Red
INK: Handsome Hunter, Real Red
ACCESSORIES: Versamark, Blender Pen, Yoyo Yellow Marker, Iridescent Ice EP, Gold EP, Heating Tool, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Elastic Cord, Ornament Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch

My husband saw me making this project and he asked me to make one for us! He does not do that often, so he must have really liked it. Usually he tells me to give away a lot that I make because I am running out of room to put everything that I make. I took a picture of it before he took it and put it up in the family room. I hope you like this project as much as he did. Don't be afraid to get ideas from other peoples cards. Sometimes I get ideas from the color schemes they use , maybe a layout or a new way to fold a card. You can take that idea and change it to your style. Don't be afraid to challenge yourself. It will help you grow.

4 comments: