Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December Technique Card #3

This is the last card that we are making in my December Technique Classes. I am showing my customers how you can take the BRIDE SPECIALTY DESIGNER PAPER and give it many different looks. The striped paper that you see is the Bride Specialty Designer Paper. The reason it is not white is that we colored it by brayering Classic ink all over the paper and wiping it off with a paper towel. What a clever way to color paper designer white paper which can be coordinated with any color! The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Tree Trimmings, Serene Snowflakes
PAPER: Old Olive, Whisper White, Real Red, Bride Designer Specialty Paper
INK: Old Olive, Real Red, Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Silver Embossing Powder, Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Brayer, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, White Gel Pen

I really like this card. It has a more vintage feel to it. It took me a while to figure it out because for some reason. I kept changing colors and then I changed stamp sets. Sometimes you have to try a lot of different things until you get the final card. Don't be afraid to try different colors until you find the color combination you like the best. Don't think that you have to make the perfect card the first time. Sometimes designing the card is the part that takes the longest. I hope you like this card as much as I do.

2 comments: