Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Cardinal Christmas-Technique Card #1


That is the name of the stamp set used to create this card. I love this set! It is a set that can be used all through Winter. It is a set that can also be used on a manly card. It is nature at it's best. I love watching the cardinals that fly around our backyard in the winter. They look so majestic against the white snow. My husband has a rough time with putting a cardinal on a Christmas card because it doesn't feel that it is festive enough but I think it is regal.

This card is an easel card and is one that we will be making in our technique classes this month. I have been seeing these easel cards on a lot of blogs lately and felt it was time that I tried to make one. They are very easy to make and I love the idea that after you open the card, you can display it nicely. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: A Cardinal Christmas
PAPER: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Whisper White
INK: Always Artichoke, Real Red, More Mustard
ACCESSORIES: Gold Brads, Dimensionals, Brown Colored Pencil, Ticket Punch

I hope that you enjoy this card. I am on my way to a day of shopping with my oldest daughter. We are going to Peddler's Village for the day. They have such unique shops placed in a small village setting in Bucks County. I enjoy going to the gazebo where they have about 100 Gingerbread Houses on display that were entered in a contest. They have student entries as well as adult. Some of them are so neat and creative. My daughter tries to take me each year in December to shop and see the unique decorations. It is a special day that we share together each year. So go out and enjoy your day because I know today that I will be enjoying the day with someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment