Monday, August 18, 2014

I Dig You, Carter!

Carter's second birthday is approaching fast.  And of course Grandma offered to make the Birthday invites again.  I try to do all the Birthday invites for my grandsons and so far I have except for once.  And I still feel bad that so much was going on at the time, I could not do it.  

Sometimes the cards are easy to come with and other times it is more difficult.  This card was not difficult to make.  The hardest part was finding the right stamp set.  Carter loves trucks (what little boy doesn't )!  So I had to dust this retired stamp set out and come up with something.  I loved this set for little boys and was so sad when SU retired it.  The stamp set is called "I Dig You".  

I did a lot of sponging on the card.  I stamped the sky and clouds using Soft Sky and a scallop circle punched shape to create clouds in the sky.  I also tore a piece of card stock and sponged against the torn edge to create the ground.  I used the Brads that hold the Candy Dots in them for the hubcaps. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  A Dozen Thoughts, I Dig You (retired)
PAPER:  Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Basic Gray,  Neutrals DSP Paper Stack
INK:  Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Sky, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES: Candy Dot Brad Bases, Sponges, Dimensionals, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black Markers

I used dimensionals to make the truck bed and the banner seems raised.  I just thought it needed a little dimension.  I hope his mother likes them when she picks him up and the invites up today after her work.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment