Thursday, August 14, 2014

Christmas in August Card

This year, I really had a rough time coming up with a card for this yearly event.  I came up with this card when Susan and I are were attending a downline event.  Demos were asked to share projects that they had created recently.  One of the demos there displayed a card using this technique.  And I found the effect so intriguing.  

The technique used on this card is what I called "EMBOSSED GLITTER".  This is how the glittered background was created.
  1.  Open the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and using a Brayer, ink the flatter side of the folder with Versamark.
  2.  Place the Very Vanilla card stock in the folder and put throughout the Big Shot.
  3.  Take out the embossed card stock and placing Versa mark side up.
  4.  Cover Versamrk side with a mixture of gold glitter and clear embossing powder.  (Mixture is a combination of 3 tablespoons of clear embossing powder and 3 tablespoons of good glitter).
  5.  Using the Heating Tool, emboss the background you created.
  6.  Voila!  You now have an embossed background is embossed along with with a glitter embossing.  
This technique is so easy to do but creates an expressive effect on the card stock. 

Also during this meeting, we were discussing different stamp sets in the catalog that were not Christmas stamp sets but that we could also use for a Christmas card.  The stamp set, "AN OPEN HEART", was mentioned.  My mind starting working and came up with this card.  I did not place a sentiment on the front of this card, but you could use a small sentiment from the "AND MANY MORE" stamp set in the bottom left corner if you wanted to.

The complete list of supplies for this card are:

STAMP SET:  An Open Heart
PAPER:  Very Vanilla, Gild Foil Paper
INK:  Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Brayer, Gold Glitter, Clear Embossing Folder, Heating Tool, Dimensionals

My customers really liked this card.  They loved the fact that it looks so elegant and difficult to make.  But it is really very simple and easy to do.  The colors used for this card  gives it the elegant feel.  Today, I plan to work on my youngest Grandson's birthday party.  I will post that card when I finally create an invite I like.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment