Monday, August 25, 2014

August Technique Card #2

This was the second card that I did using the stamp set "FLOWER PATCH" .  What I was trying to do with this stamp set during the class was to show the different techniques you could use to step it up each card.  On this card I used the "TWO STEP STAMPING" technique and then I embossed the center of the flower with a lighter embossing powder.  I also got a little more fancy with my stamping.  

Check out the side of the inside layer.  I demonstrated how to create their own border using  2 of the stamps in the set.  I used the leaf and stamped the leaf twice.  Once pointing to the top and once pointing to the bottom.  I tried to line up the leaves the best I could.  Them I stamped the small flower in a darker color where the two stems met.  I stamped the flower image darker so that it would hide where the two meet and that way it gives the illusion that it is one stamp.


The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Flower Patch
PAPER:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
INK:  Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  Crushed Curry Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Jewel Rhinestones, Regal Candy Dots

For this card, I cut the card stock 4-1/2" x 9-1/2" and then scored it at 5-1/2".  Then I folded it to create a card that the one side is longer than the other.  I did that so everyone could see the border on the right hand side of the card.  I think it created a more interesting card.  

Next time I will post the last card which is stepped up even more.  I have only one grandson today to watch so hopefully today will an easier day.  Well I am off and running now to take on my grandma duties.  Enjoy your day!  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment