Friday, August 29, 2014

Convention 2014 Gifts

I was going through my pictures the other day and realized that I never had posted this picture of the gifts that I made for my Upline and Sidelines for Convention.  I loved the "SWEET TAFFY" DSP so I decided to use it somehow in the gifts.

I loved those mini coffee cups that everyone seems to be using this year for gifts, so I decided to use them.  I filled them with Hershey Kisses (who doesn't like chocolate?) and decorated the cup using the Sweet Taffy DSP.  The lid says A Little Something For You.  

Then I made a notebook using mini legal Pads and decorated a pen with matching DSP.  I take a lot of notes at Convention so I can always use an extra pad and paper.  Thank goodness I made these because I used them a lot at convention.  The supplies that I used for these projects were:

STAMP SET:  Num Num
PAPER:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper WhiteSweet Taffy DSP
INK:  Rich Razzleberry(for sentiment on lid)
ACCESSORIES: 
     COFFEE CUP:  (  Sunburst Framelits, 2" Circle Punch, Hello Honey Satin Ribbon, Hershey Kisses (non SU), Mini Coffee Cups (nonSU)
     PEN:  RSVP Pens (non SU)
     NOTEBOOKS:  Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Mini Legal Pads (non SU)

These were quick and easy to make.  I needed something quick and easy to make for gifts because I spent so much time on my swaps.  I ran out of time.  This year time was not on my side.  I usually go to convention by train and I put my swaps together on the train ride.  But this year we drove to Salt Lake City and visited friends along the way.  I had no time to work on swaps or projects on the way there.  So I needed to finish everything before I left.  But I was able to get everything  done before we left.  

Today is a one kid day but today has not been a good day for him so far.  So now I need to go and be a cuddly Grandma today and take care of a little guy who just is not himself today.  Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky me! I received one of these adorable gifts - not just one - a whole set! They are the cutest! Thanks again so much for thinking of me Gail!

    ReplyDelete