Friday, August 22, 2014

August Technique Class Card #1

This month I tried something new.  I am waiting to do this with all my classes to see if my customers liked how I handled classes this month.  I called this month's classes, "TRIPLE THREAT".  What I did was to choose one stamp set.  I chose the "FLOWER PATCH" Photopolymer stamp set.  I then did three different techniques using the same stamp set.  It was a great way to show how versatile a stamp set can be. 

This card uses a very simple technique which is "TWO STEP STAMPING".  It is very simple.  You stamp your image  and then stamp another image over top of the first image to create the look you are looking for.  That technique was used to create this flower, but...I also did something extra on this card.  I stamped the leaves and then I stamped again on top of the first image but I placed the stamp up a bit.  That created the look of the alternating light and darker leaves.  Just a little twist in stamping.  It created a bit more interest in this card.
The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Flower Patch, A Dozen Thoughts
PAPER:  Pear Pizazz, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
INK:  Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
ACCESSORIES:  Linen Thread, Small Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Dimesionals, Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot

I always feel that most of the time, people buy a stamp set because they see one card they like and they wish to replica it it.  Then the stamp set is never to be seen again.  I like to show my customers how versatile a stamp set can be so they get more bang for their buck.  I want them to buy a stamp set that they like but they can use it a number of different ways.  I always tell them do not hesitate to pay more for a stamp set you like IF it is a set that can you can do a lot with.  If you a stamp set is versatile and you can use it a number of different ways, you probably will use it more.  I always tell my customers when they are starting out to pick a sentiment set that you can use for a number of occasions and pick one stamp set that you can use a number of different ways.  That is always a good investment. You can always add more specialty sets but I feel you always need a good go to set.

I will be posting the other 2 cards next time I post.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment