Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June Technique Class- Card 1

Wow!  Did this weekend fly by fast.  Sorry I did not post Monday but I have been so busy with life events that I just could not squeeze in posting the last few days.  So the past few days have been an out of town wedding, a first birthday party for Emmett  held at my house, baking for my close friend's mother's funeral, then the funeral and finally a Technique Class yesterday.  

So now I am back and ready to show you what I have planned for this month.  This month's theme for Technique Class is "NEW PRODUCTS".  So I made all the cards trying to use as much product from the catty that I could.  For this card I used the new Epic Day Washi Tape.  All the supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Lovely as a Tree, Delightful Dozen
PAPER:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
INK:  Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES:  Epic Day Washi Tape, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango Markers

My goal for this month's class was just to get the feel of using the Washi Tape and keeping the rest of the card very simple.  I  will be using the Washi Tape again in the Fall at another Technique Class but using the tape in a different way.  I like the this card.  It came out with a masculine feel and I can always use another masculine card.  Oh and if you are trying to figure out where I used the 2 markers, I used the Thumping Technique on the leaves of the tree.  The extra colors on the leaves give it a little more depth.

I will be holding 2 more Technique classes this month.  This coming Saturday morning and next Wednesday evening.  If you would like to attend, please contact me for more information.  Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Washi Tape! I have never played with that before, I must get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very easy to work with. Glad I tried it. Have a lot more ideas now that I want to try with it.

    ReplyDelete