Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Retirement

Happy Retirement!  That seems so appropriate today because today is the last day that you can order from the 2012-13 Catalog.  We made this card at Janet's downline meeting 2 weeks ago and I thought it would be perfect for one of my Make & Take projects for my Open House yesterday.  It is a quick and easy card to make but it looks so elegant.  I think the monotone color and the little bit of bling helps to make it more elegant.

This card uses a lot of the "NEW" products that you can find in the 2013-14 Catalog.  The Coastal Cabana card stock and ink are one of the "NEW" 2013-15 In Colors.  The image is the background Wildflower Meadow stamp. And if you look closely, you can see the there is a raised image.  That is created by Wildflower Embossing Folder.  And then I used the Rhinestone Jewels to add a bit of bling.  My customers loved making this card yesterday.  They liked the fact that it was so simple, quick and easy to make yet it was so beautiful.  The complete supply list for this card is:

STAMP SETS:  Wildflower Meadow, Teeny Tiny Wishes
PAPER:  Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
INK:  Coastal Cabana
ACCESSORIES:  Rhinestone Jewels, White Baker's Twine, Dimensional

There is a reason I made this Happy Retirement card.  It is not because of the retiring products from the catalog but really I made my card with the Happy Retirement sentiment because I have 7 friends, where I used to teach, retiring this year.  This card was made with them in mind.  They only have 8 more days to work.  Soon they will be able to do whatever they want to.  Most have already made some travel plans to travel after they finish with their jobs.  

Well I am off for my new adventure.  My daughter is changing jobs this week and our babysitting duties will be changing.  Starting today, we will have all 3 boys (ages 2-1/2, 1 and 9 months) 1 day a week each week.  And then some days 1 boy and some days 2 boys.  It will be different than what we have been doing.  We never had all 3 together all day before.  Some days it can be rough but this job is soooo rewarding!  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment