Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baltimore Regional Swap

It took me a while but I finally came up with a card that I will be swapping at Baltimore this weekend.  It took me a while but I did it.  I used an old sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketches.  I keep a file of sketches that I can use at another time for my cards. I liked this one but at the time it just wasn't right for the stamp sets I was using.  So when trying to figure out what to make, I went through my files and came up with this sketch.  I liked how this card turned out.  The supplies that I used for my card were:

STAMP SETS: Embellished Events, Summer Silhouettes, EnFrancois,  Flowering Flourishes
PAPER:  Whisper WHite, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party Core'dinations
INK:  Pool Party, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry , Primrose Petals, Pink Pirouette
ACCESSORIES:  Bitty Butterfly, Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Sanding Block, Rhinestone Jewels, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Sometimes when you are stumped how to do a layout on the card, do not be afraid to check out web sites that have card sketches.  A lot of times, that will help you get a jumpstart with your card.  What I did afterwards was all my ideas, such as the colors, stamp sets, ect.   Cards do not always turn out the way you want them to.  But when they do, it is such a good feeling. Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment