Friday, March 22, 2013

A Little Help from the Last 25 Years

Today I am showing you the Baby Shower invitation that I came up with for a close friend.  One of my closest friends is holding a baby shower for her daughter-in- law.  This will be her first grandchild and she is so excited!  She needed an invite for the shower she is hosting for her the beginning of May.

She decided she wanted an invitation that was close to the bedding that was chosen for the nursery.  So here is the card.
And here is the a pic of the bedding.  How do you think I did?

This is a strange title for a blog post but hopefully you will understand as I  continue to explain the details of this project.  The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS:  Cuddles and Kisses
PAPER:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
INK:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight
ACCESSORIES: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals, Brayer

Sold as Printworks Design Stencil Dots and Stripes
Now if you are wondering how we got that peep on the card, my friend wanted the peep look exactly like it looks on the bedding.  So she decided to enlarge the picture of the peep and she cut all of them out by hand.  I got the peep and was asked to come up with something including it.  I needed to make the stripes and originally thought of the Striped Embossing Folder.  That did not work how I had hoped.  And here is where I needed help from the past 25 years.  Believe it or not I used an item (that has long since retired ) that I found over the weekend while looking for something else.  I had even forgotten that I had this item.  Years ago Stampin' Up offered this stencil with which you could create a polka dotted or striped background.  At that time they demo'd it by sponging over the openings.  I decided I would try to brayer over it.  And it worked!  I was able to get those beautiful straight lines.  I posted a picture of this handy dandy tool right here.

I am so glad that this was one retired SU item I had kept.  I think I will hold onto this.  It might come in handy again.  Enjoy the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment