Monday, November 14, 2011

A Valentine Swap

On Saturday I attended a stamping event with a group of demonstrators from another downline group. It was nice to get away for the day and not have to worry about anything. It was also nice to get together with demonstrators from other groups and see what they are doing with their customers. It really does help to rejuvenate you.

At this event, we were asked to bring a Valentine swap. Here is my swap. Does it look familiar? It should because I just switched colors and the sentiment from the bridal shower invitations I designed. I was so worn out from everyone having that virus the week before I just could not find the energy or the time to come up with a new idea. So I recycled the layout and changed up colors and sentiment and voila - a new card!

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Delightful Dozen
PAPER: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
INK: Real Red Craft Ink
ACCESSORIES: Versamark, Clear EP, Heating Tool, Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Designer Frames, Small Heart Punch, Dimensionals

The women on Saturday seemed to really like my swap. This just shows you that you do not need to come up with brand new ideas all the time. You can take a familiar layout and change papers, DSP, stamp sets, or embellishments and you get a card with a whole new look. Go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment