Monday, February 21, 2011

Lots of Circles

I cased this card from one I received at Leadership in Nashville. It was a swap I received from Connie Sylvester. This card uses the Inlaid Embossing Technique. I really like that technique and it so very easy today. All you do is punch out shapes and in this card I punched out a variety of colors and variety of sized circles. I adhered the circles to the Certainly Celery with a glue stick. I then ran that cardstock with the circles glued on, through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. When you take it out of the Embossing Folder it looks as though it is a single sheet of polka dotted cardstock. It is so cool. I tried to very bright colors for this card to make it look festive, so I changed the colors a bit. Susan and used this card for our Stamp A Stack today. Everyone loved this card. For this card I used:

STAMP SET: Bring on the Cake
PAPER: Temping Turquoise, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
INK: Black Staz-On, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
ACCESSORIES: 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Daffodil Delight Marker

This is a great card for a kid or an adult who is a kid at heart. Another simple card but one that makes a festive statement. Try the Inlaid Embossing Technique. Once you have tried this technique, I know you will use it over and over again. Go out and enjoy your day!

1 comment: