Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February Technique Class- Card 3

I have got to look into buying a new camera because the pictures that I have been taking the last few months have not been turning out well. I can not even fix the color with my photo shop. So please believe me when I tell you that this card looks much better in person than in this photo. The third technique this month is "FAUX ALLIGATOR". You have to look really close but the flap on the purse is where I used the technique. It has an alligator hide look to it. I also lightly sponged over the embossed design with a shade darker ink color so that the design really pops. I used Crumb Cake Seam Binding to create the handle. I wanted to use something light so it would not add a lot of weight to the card if I wanted to send it through the mail. This card is different for me because I usually do not make novelty cards. But I think it turned out cute. I still have room for my February 16 @7-9:30pm class and February 19 @9-11:30am class. Contact me if you are interested.

Tonight my husband is taking me out for a Valentine's Day dinner. We were so busy yesterday that we decided to celebrate a day later. Enjoy your day!

1 comment: