Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Snowing!

This is the perfect card for today's weather, it's snowing! Well, it is also sleeting and it is causing a complete mess here. I plan to spend the day indoors and only go outside to let Lucy ( my dog ) out.

This card uses the Inlaid Embossing technique. I demonstrated that technique this month at my technique classes and my customers loved the effect it makes. When finished, it looks like you have a single sheet of paper. It does not look it was made from layers. The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SET: All Holidays
PAPER: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
INK: Night of Navy
ACCESSORIES: Scallop Edge Trim Punch, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, White 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, , Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot

After I ran the Northern Frost Decorative Strip through the big shot, I took the snowflakes and placed them on top of the Night of Navy card stock. Then I placed that piece into the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and ran it through the Big Shot. When you take it out of the folder, it looks as through it is one sheet of snowflake designed paper. I have started to create more cards using this technique. One of my swaps that I made for Leadership, used this technique. That technique is a very easy technique to do and makes a statement.

Well I guess I will start some new projects today since I know I will be staying inside. I hope the weather is better where you live. Enjoy the day today, whatever the weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment