Friday, November 5, 2010

Baby Shower Can

I am sure that you have seen these Baby Shower cans before. A few of my sidelines make these all the time for their friends who are having babies and also they make them for their friends to give to their friends who are having babies. So after seeing these cans for years and thinking how cute they are, I decided to make one for my daughter for her baby shower tomorrow. Since I had not made one before, Susan helped me last Saturday with the dimensions and directions. A baby can is an empty paint can which you decorate and place a cute poem on the front of the can. The poem basically explains that sometimes it is so hard to take time to write down important moments into a baby book. But you can just quickly jot down a date or picture of an important event and toss it into the can to keep as a reminder. On the top of the can, you document the baby's name, date born, weight and length of the baby.

I was surprised how simple it was to make. I still like the idea of a baby book, but I also think this is a great idea to supplement one. You can toss in all sorts of keepsakes and have all of them in one place. Tomorrow is the shower and I know I will be busy all day and will not get a chance to post. But I promise I will take pictures and post them later. I have a busy day today. I have to start making my food for tomorrow, pick up the flowers for the centerpieces, and then this afternoon decorate the room. So while I am working hard today, you go out and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment