Monday, November 29, 2010

Another Baby Shower

Yes, another Baby Shower but this time it was not for my daughter but my older daughter's best friend. She is due in January and her shower was held on Saturday. Deidre likes it when I make cards for her. She always appreciates the time and love that goes into a handmade card. I forgot to make her a card and an hour before the shower it hit me that I did not have a hand made card for her. So I quickly pulled out my supplies and made this card. Deidre and her husband have decided that they do not want to know before the baby is born what they are having so I tried to go with more baby gender neutral colors.

I decide to use paper from the Nursery Necessities DSP. I think that paper is so cute to use for baby gifts. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMPS: Bear Hugs
PAPER: Nursery Necessities DSP, Whisper White, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
INK: Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES: Colored Pencils

I think it came out cute. And when she opened the card on Saturday, she knew immediately the gift came from me. She told everyone that I always make her the nicest cards. I was glad I took the time to make her a card. But I am going to start working on a card for her this week. I want to make sure that I make a really special card for her when the baby is born. I want a special card for a very special person. That is the great thing about making your own cards and gifts, lots of love goes into them. And special people always appreciate the love and care that comes with those cards and gifts. Go out and enjoy your day! Maybe you can make something for that special friend in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment