Friday, October 1, 2010

Regional Swap

This is one of my 2 swaps that I made for Regionals in Baltimore. I thought this would be an easy card but it used more supplies than my other swap! I think that I have a lot going on but it is more subtle. I really like this card and I might just make this for my Christmas card for my friends and family. The part that took me the longest to do was coloring the bells. The supplies that I used for this swap were:

STAMPS SETS: En Francois, Bells and Boughs, Gifts of Christmas
PAPER: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Brushed Gold, Naturals Ivory
INK: More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Matchbox and Tags Die, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Gold EP, Heating Tool, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Blender Pens, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Alcohol

If you look very closely, the Chery Cobbler Strip between the Artichoke and Gold was run through the Big Shot using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder. I then took a mixture of Shimmery paint and alcohol and spritzed it over the embossed piece. It gives such a neat look. It has just enough glimmer and sparkle to create interest. You are probably are wondering where I used the En Francois stamp set. I used it on the right side of the card. I stamped it on Cherry Cobbler with Cherry Cobbler ink. It was subtle enough to add texture to the card but not enough to take away from the card.

Well, I am off to Baltimore. Will let you know all about it when I get back. You enjoy your weekend! I know all of us in Baltimore will!

3 comments:

  1. Waiting....waiting .... waiting for pictures from that regional....I guess I should let you get home first huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are home but Susan, Buffy , Kim and Jen took all the pics. I will try to post some of Susan's if I get a chance to upload hers.

    ReplyDelete