Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Technique Class- Project 3

This is the last card in my October Technique Classes. This card was created by using the Colored Soot technique. I use this technique in the Fall because it just seems to lend itself more to Fall cards. The only thing using this technique is that you have to be very careful when doing it, otherwise you can have some very serious consequences. To get that soot, you must use a burning candle. So this is something that you do do not want young children trying. Sometimes I wonder if I should be trying it! I really like the effect that the it gives those colored leaves. I used the "French Foliage" stamp set. The technique piece is the dark patch on the left hand side of the card. I know that it is difficult to see . This was the fifth picture that I took of this card. It was very hard to get a good picture of this card. But I know if you would see it in person, you would love it.

Well this afternoon, I will continue to paint the centerpieces for the Baby Shower. After the shower, I will post pictures of the decorations and centerpieces. I will admit that besides the invitations I did not stamp anything but I have been involved doing things. Well the rain is finally going away and it is to be a nice day. So go out and enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Great card, but I'd probably skip that technique. I'm a bit of a klutz and not always so attentive as I should be so most likely I would burn down my house! TFS and have fun with that shower...you must be getting excited for that new baby!

    ReplyDelete