Tuesday, June 29, 2010

July Technique Class- Card 1

I have been getting ready for my July Technique Classes, the release of the NEW 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog and my Open House that will display the new Catalog and products. So I have been a very busy girl. This is one of the cards that I came up with for July's Technique Classes. July's theme is "PAPER". I used Designer Specialty Paper on each card while showing different techniques that uses DSP. This card highlights the "Folded Frame" technique and I used the DSP to make the Folded Frame. This is a cute card to give someone during these hot, steamy Summer months. It could also be used as an invitation for a party this Summer. The stamp set, Texture Impressions Folder and DSP can be found in the Summer Mini. The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS: Tropical Party, On Your Birthday
INK: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Rose Reed, So Saffron, Soft Suede
PAPER: Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Rose Red, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Island Oasis DSP
ACCESSORIES: Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

I think this card really does have a summery and party feel. I also used the Piecing Technique on the coconut shell and on the little umbrella in the coconut shell. I think you will making this card. Once you learn how to make the folded frame, it is a very easy card to make, it just looks impressive. Well I am off to take my Father to his Dr.'s appointment. I then will deliver the new catalog to some of my customers who pre-ordered the catalog. Another busy busy day for me. Hopefully tonight I will be able to try out more new products. Go out and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment