Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vintage Vogue Swap

Last Sunday we had our monthly Downline Meeting at Kim's House. We always make swaps for each other and this is the swap I finally ended up with. Just so you know, I started out making a swap using the XL Bird Punch and this is what I ended up with! When Susan left my house on Saturday, I started to make my swaps. I had the punch out, Old Olive cardstock, Rich Razzleberry cardstock and buttons. Imagine Susan's surprise when she saw this card for my swap. Not one thing that I started out with did I end up with. Perfect example why my Stamping Sisters think I am nuts! Nothing seem to come out the way I wanted but I am very happy with this card. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS: Vintage Vogue, En Francois
PAPER: Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White
INK: Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral
ACCESSORIES: Fire Circle Brads, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch

Don't ever be afraid to change a card you are working on. Change colors, change stamp sets, change accessories, whatever. But don't be afraid to try different things. You might not end up with the card you had in your mind to start with but you might be really happy with what you end up with. All that hard work will probably be worth it. Go enjoy the day!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that on my laptop the picture does not do this card much justice - it's gorgeous IRL!

    ReplyDelete