Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stamp A Stack Card 2

This is the second card that we are offering for our Spring Stamp A Stack. I took the template from a card that Stampin' Up had done. I liked the arrangement but not the colors or technique. So I experimented and came up with this one. I used the technique where you color the Bride Specialty Paper for the bottom of the card. I also decided to color the flowers to add more interest. I think it looks as though the bird is sitting on a Cherry Blossom branch. I tried a number of combinations. I changed colors, I changed different papers, changed colors of ribbons and finally settled on this. I made one before this and set it on my Dining Room table and walked by it for 2 days. I felt it needed something, so I worked on it some more. This time when I put it out the finished card and walked past it, I felt it was right. I know that sounds dumb but I am never pleased with my first try. I work on it and work on it until it feels right. I do this especially for Stamp a Stacks and classes. I guess that is because I want my customers to be happy with what they make. If you are interested in attending the April 10th Stamp a Stack, please contact me.

Well, I am off to a "LOVE AT FIRST STAMP Meeting." The Love Monkey will be going with me and I will give him to someone else to love for a month. IT is beautiful here again today so go out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment