Sunday, March 28, 2010

Faux Buttons and Birds

Love, love, love the new XL Two Step Bird Punch in the new Occasions Mini. I have used it more than I would have thought. It is a quick and easy way to add that little extra to your cards. Talking about that little extra... Did you ever want to add a button to your card but did not have the right color? Well here is an easy way to add that embellishment to your card when you don't have that button you need. Take a 3/4" Circle Punch and punch out 6 circles. Adhere circles on top of each other with Crystal effects. I then used the Crop-A-dile to punch the two holes. I used Linen Thread to go through the holes. I also took a Sponge Dauber and sponged the edges of the Faux Button with the same ink color. This made it look more dimensional. My customers were impressed with the ease you can make the button but then also the effect that it had on your card. A very simple card with very little stamping but I really liked how it turned out. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Sincere Salutations
PAPER: Sending Love DSP, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
INK: Bashful Blue
ACCESSORIES: Crop-A-dile, Linen Thread, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, XL Two Step Bird Punch, Crystal Effects

I used this card for my March Technique Class. I know that I am a bit behind with posting. Things have been a little unsettled since my Father became ill last month. But we are in the process of moving in him with us, so hopefully I will be able to get back into my regular routine. Right now we are going through the house and packing things, so things get crazy at times. Today I plan to get caught up with things at home. I hope that you are able to get out and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment