Sunday, November 23, 2014

Downline Meeting With Pennie

I love it when my Upline, Pennie, is able to come back to the Northeast and visit with her Downline.  I miss the Downline Meetings that she held with us before leaving for the WestCoast.  So I was really excited when she told us she was coming back to visit and was planning on holding a Downline Meeting.  When she holds a meeting, we all bring swaps and a handmade gift using Stampin' Up products.  

This year, Pennie asked us to keep our gifts simple and use products from the Annual Catalog.  That was very difficult for me.  I am so wrapped up into preparing items and cards for Christmas and using the Holiday Catalog that her request just overwhelmed me.  After driving myself crazy by over thinking this simple request, I finally came up with using the Muslin Bag (which is in the annual catalog) but I turning it into a cute and simple gift bag holding a Winter Treat.  The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SET:  Embellished Events
PAPER:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Red Glimmer Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
INK:  Real Red, Garden Green
ACCESSORIES:  Muslin Bag, Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon, 1/4" Silver Ribbon, Star Framelits, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, Sponge Daubers, Polka Dot Masks

Those are the supplies for the Gift Bag part.  But open up the bag and you will find a delicious Winter Treat.  In this picture you can see the bag along with it's contents.
Inside you will find a Hot Chocolate Mix, Miniature Marshmallows, Chocolate Kisses and a Peppermint Candy Cane.  What a wonderful treat to give someone to use on a cold snowy day!  Daycare providers, bus drivers, teachers, babysitters and more are certain to appreciate this handmade gift.  Personally, just give me chocolate and I am happy!  What is not to love about this.

To decorate the Muslin Bag, I used the Polka Dotted Mask, Sponge Daubers and Stamp Pads.  It was quick and easy to decorate the bag in festive colors.  It changes the feel of the bag.  Although all the product I used was from the Annual Catalog, I was still ably to come up with a project which had a Holiday feel to it.  It seemed that the people who attended the meeting liked it.  And I am sure that anybody who would receive a gift like this would like it also.  

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment