Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Year and a Pirate

My New Year's Resolution is to be more consistent with my blog.  So today I am starting with a renewed energy and commitment.  So here is a cute Kids card made with the stamp set "HEY VALENTINE" from the Occasions catalog. Isn't he cute!  Eli said he thought the little boy looked like him.  He was so excited to see this card and asked me to make his classroom valentines using this stamp set.  He also gave me orders to make one for him.

From the first time I saw this image, I knew I had to include a map with it.  I guess I thought I needed a map because the boys are really into "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" on TV. On that show they are always looking at maps, so I thought I really need to put that in.

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET:  Hey, Valentine
PAPER:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
INK:  Smokey Slate, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
ACCESSORIES:  Dimensionals, Circle Framelits, 1-1/4" Cheery Cobbler Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Smokey Slate, Skin Tone, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities

I think it is a great set to use for kids valentine cards.  If you don't ink the sentiment, you can use this image for a kids card for any occasion.  

When I checked my blog today, I did not realize that I had not posted for so long.  The last month has been crazy with the holidays and the viruses, ink eyes, and ear infections that have been floating throughout the whole family.  I am hopefully ending this horrible streak of sickness with Bronchitis.  Still recovering from that one.  Today I felt good enough to try to stick to my New Years resolution.  I am going to be more consistent with my blog and try some new things.  

Well, I am off for another day of rest and meds.  I am hoping by the end of the week I will be ok.  Thank goodness that I do not have to watch any boys for a few days. I can rest and get better. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment