Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Open Seas Patina Style

This was another one of the samples that I created for the Demo meeting at Janet's on Saturday.  I have loved this stamp set from the first time I saw this in the Stamping Up Catalog.  This is my favorite go to stamp set when I am trying to come up with a masculine card.  

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  The Open Sea, World Map, Glorious Grunge
PAPER:  Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Whisper White
INK:  Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Sponge, Chevron Embossing Folder, Espresso Baker's Twine,  Silver Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Brayer, Circle Framelits

If you are looking at the supply list and are wondering where some of these supplies were used, let me help you.  To create the Faux PatinaI used a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I opened the Chevron Embossing Folder and inked the smooth side of the embossing folder using a brayer inked with Crumb Cake.  I then ran that through the Big Shot.  I then took that piece of inked card stock and sponged over the card stock with Basic Gray.  The next step was to then sponge Night of Navy over the raised area.  The last step in this process was to take one of the speckled stamps  from Glorious Grunge stamp set, ink with Versa mark and stamp all over the inked card stock.  I then took Silver Embossing Powder and then used the Heating Tool to emboss.  

The Faux Patina technique has a lot of different steps, but it is not hard to do.  I liked using the Silver Embossing Powder with this color combination because of  the blues being a cool feel and the silver also has a cool look to it.  

All in all it was a nice day.  It also gave me a good excuse to get this stamp set out again.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment