Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Faux Patina Weekend

This past weekend I attended an event at Janet Wakeland's.  I always enjoy her demo events for many reasons.  She has so many good tips for demos, great swaps, great Make & Takes and more.  The past few meetings Janet has been having various Demos share different techniques with the group.  This past weekend's focus was on various ways you can use the Big Shot or the new Texture Embossing Boutique.  I was one of the demonstrators who demo'd a technique that could be done with the use of Embossing Folders.

I decided to do Faux Patina for my demo. And this is one of the samples that I used in presentation to showcase that technique. The embossed card stock behind the image is the Embossed Patina piece I made.  I really like this technique and I found the directions for it on Angie Leach's blog.  She has done some incredible projects using this technique.  I love antique things and this technique gives you that old antique feeling.

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  En Francois, Love and Sympathy, Petite Pairs
PAPER:  Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
INK:  Versamark, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Crazy Cajun, Always Artichoke, Primrose Petals
ACCESSORIES:  Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Sponges, Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Always Artichoke & Primrose Petals Markers

The most important part of the Faux Patina Technique is Gold Embossing on top to make it look like metal.  I think I did all right when I did my demo.  I enjoyed doing it.  I will post another sample card tomorrow that I did for the demo.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment