Friday, March 7, 2014

Monochromatic Happy

After another rough week, I think things are finally settling down.  I feel badly that I have not been able to post as much but I should be able to step it after this weekend.

Today I am posting a card that I made as soon as I received this stamp set. This stamp set from the Occasions Catalog just screamed my name when I saw it.  This stamp set was on the top of list when I placed my order.  I love the watercolor looking swishes and think it is a great way to place some color on a card.  That swish is a perfect way to allow people make watercolor swipes on their cards without using an actual paint brush.

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Happy Watercolor
PAPER:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black, Whisper White
INK:  Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black
ACCESSORIES:  None

I decided to make this card using a monochromatic color scheme.  It took me a few attempts though to choose the right colors to get that perfect look of the light to the dark.  This is such a quick and easy card.  A great card to make if you need to make a card fast.  You could use the same layout  and stamp set but just change up the color.  You could do this in all shades of blue or green.  

Tomorrow I am going to a Janet's for a demo meeting.  I really could use a day of stamping with my friends and other wonderful demos.  It is such an energizing day.  I love it when a group of demos get together and share ideas.  Enjoy your weekend also!

No comments:

Post a Comment