Monday, December 2, 2013

A Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.  Mine was a crazy fast paced weekend.  We had the kids over for Thanksgiving and then we went Black Friday Shopping and when we got home from that, we headed out to cut down our Christmas tree.  Then a marathon weekend of decorating winding down to Sunday when I hosted the "Let's Wrap it Up" stamp camp.  Whew!

But now I am starting my week with a new post.  This is one of the cards that was offered at the "Let's Wrap It Up" event.  My customers absolutely loved it.  This was one of my favorites, I have to admit.  At convention I saw a card using these 2 stamps from non holiday stamp sets and I was so impressed how it looked so Christmasy.  I did not get a picture of it but just remembered the birds and the pine trees.  So I came up with my own design but using that idea of the birds sitting on a branch with the pine trees stamped to look like they are in the background.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Serene Silhouettes, Evergreen, Petite Pairs
PAPER:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
INK:  Always Artichoke, 
ACCESSOIRES:  Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Ovals Framelits, Circle Card Thinlet (banner framelit from that set), Dimensionals, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Markers.

I like using oval framelits to silhouette an image.  I think it gives a more vintage feel.  And the embossing folder Fancy Fan also adds to that feel.   The more I looked at this card, I which I had made this card horizontal rather that vertical.  By having the card horizontal, you would be able to use a longer or larger sentiment.  A few of my customers tried that layout today and it really looked nice.

Well I am off to the eye Dr. this morning so it is going to be another busy day.  We only have 1 grandson to watch today so it should not be too crazy I hope.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment