Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Santa Gift Card Holder

Here is another project that was offered at the "Let's Wrap it Up" stamp camp.  The gift card template was borrowed from Dawn Oshefske's blog and can be found HERE.  This was such a quick and easy gift card holder that this one was made more than any other item I had prepared for the event.

I love this Santa face and was so happy when SU brought it back in the Best of 25 years...Christmas.  I have tried to use this image on a lot of my projects this year because I think the Santa is such a nice vintage looking image.  One thing I tried differently with the coloring of this image was to use Crisp Cantaloupe for the skin tone.  One of my customers accidentally used the color for a skin color when she was making a punch art project.  I really liked it as a skin tone when I saw it and tried it on this project.  I think it looks good.  All the coloring on this project was done by using Blender Pens.  I also used some Dazzling Details on the fur on his hat.  A little glitz only adds to a project is my motto.

The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SET: Best of 25 Years...Christmas
PAPER:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, Styles of the Season DSP
INK:  Black Staz-On, Crisp Cantaloupe, Real Red, Garden Green
ACCESSORIES:  1-3/4" Circle Punch, Festive Flurry Framelits. Big Shot, Old Olive 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Blender Pens, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 Way Glue, Dimensionals

This is a very simple gift card holder which has a removable Belly Band that keeps the gift card holder from opening until you need it to.  I made a couple of extra pieces so today I am going to try to finish them.  I also want to try to bake some Christmas Cookies.  Hopefully I can achieve my goal for today.  Enjoy your day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment