Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Glimmer Christmas

Susan and I held our Downline Christmas Party on Sunday. We had a few things planned.  Susan and I provided the sandwich tray and our downlines were asked to bring an appetizer.  There was plenty to eat and it was good.  We also hosted a cookie exchange.  More about that is later post.  

Since everyone is so crafty, we thought everyone could create a Christmas gift and then we would have an exchange.  I have seen more and more Demos creating Home Decor items.  So I decided I would try to come up with one.  Of course the idea I start with is never what I finish with.  I wanted it to be light, cheerful and silvery.  Well I ended up with it be cheery and RED!  Here are some pics of what I ended up with.

I started with the center piece which was created using the Festive Flurry Framelits and coordinating Stamp Set.  Then I looked at the stamp sets that I owned and tried to find ones that would fit in a small space.  My project did not use the 12 x 12 format but instead an 8 x 8 format.  3" x 3" squares are used if you make you project 12 x 12.  But Since I used the 8 x 8 framed shadowbox, I decided to reduce the shares to 1-3/4".  I really wanted to see the 8 x 8 Red Glimmer Paper that I used for the background so the squares had to be a bit smaller.  I also used a lot of rhinestones to give it some sparkle.  After all it needed to be festive.  

The stamp sets that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS: Best of 25 Years…Christmas, Warmth and Wonder (Hostess Set), Ornament Keepsakes, Festive Flurry, For the Birds, Embellished Events, Wishing You
PAPER:  Red Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper Whisper WHite, Silver Foil Paper, Real Red, Basic Black, Real Red Patterned DSP
INK:  Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Baked Brown Sugar, Black Stazon


It took me a week to do this one.  Not because it was time intensive but because it took me that long to switch different pieces around until I was happy with how it looked.  One of Susan's downlines received my card and I am told that she really liked it.

IT is snowing here today and so we have the 2 grandkids that attend daycare on a Tuesday because because of the weather.  So I anticipate another busy day.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment