Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Last of the November Technique Cards

This is the final card that we made this month during my Technique Classes.  I always create a gift card holder during the last Technique Class of the year.  My customers are always looking for new ways to give their family and friends a unique way to give a gift card.  So I come up with a different way to make a gift card holder.

This year it was easy to come up with a new way to make a gift card.  When Stampin' Up released the new Circle Card Thinlets, I was so excited.  What a quick and easy way to make a fancy fold card!  But the fantastic twist is you can also make a great fancy fold gift card holder. The first pic is the card but I also added a closeup of the card.  I just wanted you to see the detail that is on the reindeer.  

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Best of 25 Years...Christmas, Warmth and Wonder (hostess set)
PAPER:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, Season of Style DSP
INK:  Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler 
ACCESSORIES:  Circle Card Thinlet, Decorative Label Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Jewel Rhinstones, 1" Circle Punch, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds



The 1" Circle Punch was used on the flap covered with the DSP which creates the pocket that holds the gift card.   This card is very simple in color using on 2 colors along with the white.  My customers really liked the idea of using just the brown and red.  I was worried it was not colorful enough but they felt the simplicity of it made it stunning.  

Well another busy day.  Today I am helping a friend make cards and crafts using animal stamps.  Her daughter is studying to be a veterinarian.  Her group is holding a fundraiser and they are selling items that have to do with animals. The fundraiser is tomorrow evening so we have a busy day stamping and getting things done.  I know I will be busy today go out and Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment