Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Am Back Finally!

After many weeks without a working computer, I am finally back.  When I posted the last time, I thought my computer was fixed.  It wasn't!  I finally had to go out and buy a new one.  So Mac is gone but his half brother is now at the house.  I got it yesterday so I am still getting used to this new guy.  I plan to be posting regularly again.  It has been driving me crazy that I have not been able to do what I love.

So finally here is the second card in the series of three for the month of November.  I was not sure how my customers would like this card but they loved it!  I designed this card by using a technique that I had seen demonstrated at last years convention.  I think it was Dawn Griffith that demonstrated a way to use leftover scraps of ribbon.  I liked what I saw but decided to wait until I could think of a project that would really showcase the ribbon design.  So this idea finally came to my head to use that technique for a Christmas Ornament.

The supplies that I used for this project were:

STAMP SETS: Ornament Keepsakes
PAPER:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer Paper, Gumball Green
INK:  Gumball Green
ACCESSORIES:  Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta, Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, Holiday Ornament Framelits, Beautifully Baroque, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals, Adhesive Sheets

If you look closely, you can see that the ornament shape is cut out of the Gumball Green card stock.  Underneath is the strips of ribbon scraps adhered to the adhesive sheet.  It seemed a little unfinished so I added the stamped elliptical shape and placed a rhinestone inside.  That little touch seemed to finish the ornament.  I hoped you enjoyed this project and please come back tomorrow because I will have a new post.  Hopefully my new computer will not let me down.  Enjoy the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment