Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September Technique Class- Card 3

This is the final card of the three that we will be making at my September Technique Class.  This card uses the Colored Vellum technique.  Years ago when I went to my first downline meeting at Pennie's, I saw one of her other downlines demonstrate this technique.  I thought it was really neat but did not think about it  again until I saw some other people using it for their Christmas Cards this past month.  So I decided to try it again for this Autumn card.

If you look very closely at the leaves on the card, you will see that they are different colors.  I used Cardstock Vellum, embossed the image using Gold Embossing Powder.  I then took sponges and sponged the back of the embossed images.  I love the very light and muted look that you get by using that technique.  Very easy to do and it creates an effect that is very impressive.  Everyone you give this card or a card using that technique will be amazed.  

I am watching 2 of the kids today and that is why I was a little late posting today. They are napping right now, so I had a few free minutes to post.  I hope you enjoyed the card  today. If you want to make these cards and live in the area, I still have two Technique Classes scheduled this month.  Contact me if interested in attending.  Enjoy the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment