Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Wintery White Christmas

This was a difficult card to take a picture of.  I think the silver embossing on the card and the Dazzling Diamonds do not show up very well.  This is my version of a card that you can find in the Holiday Catalog.

The Christmas tree is from the "Special Seasons" stamp set.  This is my favorite Christmas stamp set this year.   I felt that the card  needed something so I used the snowflake stamp from the "Warmth and Wonder" stamp set which is one of the two Hostess sets that are available also from the Holiday Catalog.

The supplies that I used for this card:

STAMP SETS:  Special Seasons, Warmth and Wonder
PAPER:  Whisper White, Winter Frost DSP
INK:  Versamark, Pool Party
ACCESSORIES:  Silver Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, 2 Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds

This card is very simple and does not use much color.  But I think if you are looking for a card that gives you a very frosty  wintery feeling, this is the card for you.  Some people like to have a lot of bright colors in their Christmas cards while others prefer using reds and greens in their cards.  I am sure that this card will fit the taste of someone in your life.    I plan on giving this card to a friend of mine whose husband owns a Christmas Tree Farm.  That is what is wonderful about making your own cards for Christmas, you can make cards that match each one of your friends and family likes.  

I have some friends coming over today and we are starting to make our Christmas cards.  It will be a fun day.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment