Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Technique Class- Card #2

This is the second card that we will be making at my "FALL / HALLOWEEN" themed September Technique Class.  I have been wanting to do the HERRINGBONE Technique for a while but just could not find the right time to do it.  But when I saw this large Halloween sentiment stamp which is found in the "Halloween Bash" stamp set, I knew it was time to do it.  The Witches Brew DSP is perfect for this technique.  I think the contrast of the patterns in that particular DSP lends itself nicely for   this technique.

I really like this stamp set because it co-ordinates with a number of different punches such as the Ticket Duo Builder Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch and the Labels Collection Framelits.  I used one of the Framelits from the Chalk Talk Collection. 

This is also not the first version of this card.  But I am very pleased with how it turned out.  I tried it with different widths of strips but decided that 3/8" width of my strips seemed to have the best looking results.  I also played around with the colors of strips and with the background colors.  It took longer to do this than what I thought but in the end, it was worth all the time I put into it.

Today should go a bit easier since we are only watching one child today.   And it is a special day for him today because Carter (the youngest of the gang) turns 1 today.  Happy Birthday Carter! 

 Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment