Monday, September 16, 2013

September Technique Class- Card 1

I know I have been MIA the past week, but I am now back on track.  I am excited about this month's cards.  I am not a big Halloween fan but with three little grandsons, I have been converted.  This is the first card that we are going to do.  This card uses the "NEW" Thinlits-Circle Card.  This was one of my favorite sneak peeks that was presented
The inside of the card
The front of the card

 at convention this year.  I could not wait to get mine.  This is definitely a "go to" tool.  It makes creating a fancy fold card sooooo easy.  I think people have been afraid to make this type of flip-flop card in the past because of all the measuring and having to cut in all the right places.


This is really the 3rd version of the card that I started with.  I think I am pleases with what I finally decided on for my Technique Class.  I mainly am demonstrating how to use this tool but I slipped in a technique with it.  If you look closely, you can see the "MOONLIGHTING " technique.  I used a 1/2" circle to mask all the sponging I did on it.  After I sponged Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze all over the 2-1/2" Whisper White circle, I removed the 1/2" circle to show you a white moon!  I then stamped the spooky tree over top all my sponging.  I think it looks like a spooky night.  I used the Best of 25 Years- Halloween stamp set.

My technique classes will be held on Tuesday September 17 @ 9:15 AM, Wednesday September @ 7 PM, and Saturday September 28 @ 9 AM .
If interested in attending, please contact me.  We will be making three cards this month with the theme being "FALL/HALLOWEEN CARDS".   1. Herringbone Technique,  2. Thinlits-Circle Card using Moonlight Technique,  3. Colored Vellum.  The cost is $10 for the 3 cards/envelopes plus instruction cards for each.

Today I have all 3 babies so it will be another crazy day for me.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment