Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Technique Class- Card 2

This is the second novelty card that we will be working on this month.  This card is a Mother's Day card with a pop up center which holds a gift card.  I love this stamp set "FABULOUS FLORETS"  Thank goodness this stamp set is staying.  I would be so sad if this set was being retired.  I have used this color combination before.  It is Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango and Pear Pizazz.  I think these colors go so well together and I think they are terrific colors for a Spring or Summer card.



I wanted to also show you how I decorated the envelope.  My adopted upline ( I am an orphan ) Pennie always tells us not to have naked envelopes.  And she is correct.  When you decorate your envelopes, the person who receives your card will get a smile on their face even before they open the card.  What a wonderful way to make someone happy.


And finally this is what the inside of the card looks like.  The only think is, you probably should put in a real gift card.  I did not have one but wanted to show where you would put one.  what a great surprise for your Mother or Mother-in-Law when they open the card and find a gift card inside.  


I made this card this morning and made it into a birthday card by replacing the sentiment on the front of the card.  I really love this card.  It turned out better than what I had envisioned.  I hope you enjoyed this card also.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment