Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love and Sympathy Swap Card


It is strange how things in life turn out.  I was planning to go to Leadership this week and needed to prepare my swaps.  Because I have not felt well since Thanksgiving, I did not have the time to make my swaps.  So Saturday night I needed to come up with a very quick and easy swap, so I decided to remake a card that I had created for a Technique Class.  Because I had so many to make, I knew I had to make it simple with an easy technique.  From the beginning I just loved the new stamp set, Love and Sympathy.  I loved the wording of the sentiment and the flower was so elegant looking.  Although at the time, I wondered if I should be making a sympathy card for a Leadership swap.  Usually I make more upbeat swaps.


So anyway on Saturday, all day, I worked on this swap.  It was going on midnight until I finished with all the interruptions that came throughout the day.  And my this card swap was finally finished.  My Dad was just laying down since he was watching the football playoffs (which he loved) and I decided to go to bed.  In the morning I found my Father on the floor after having suffered a massive stroke.  My Father passed Monday morning.


So this morning, my sideline Susan is boarding the plane to San Antonio for Leadership with my swaps. And I decided that I would post the Love and Sympathy card today in honor of my father.  I certainly did not plan or expect that I myself would need a sympathy card this week.  But life seems to throw us many twists and turns throughout our lives.  I hope this card does my father proud.


My father lived a long and wonderful life.  He would have been 92 next month.  Unfortunately he will not be at his oldest Granddaughter's wedding in 3 weeks.  I know he was looking forward to that.  All the granddaughters, the men in their lives and his great grandson were over Saturday night for Pizza and we all had a wonderful time.  I remember thinking at the time it was happening, "What a perfect night".  And it was and that is the happy memory that I will keep with me.  The whole family together having a good time.


I will not be posting for the rest of the week.  I have a lot of arrangements to make.  I will be back next week with new projects.  Enjoy your day!  Give a loved one an extra hug today.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful memory of being all together. That really is a beautiful card, please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete