Monday, January 23, 2012

Leadership Swap

Although I was unable to attend Leadership this year, my swaps did.  My sideline took my swaps to San Antonio and swapped them for me.  I can't wait to see her this week to see what other ideas she came home with.  But here is the second swap that I created for the event.  I got so excited when I saw this stamp set "I DIG YOU" in the SU Catalog when I saw it in July.  I just knew it was the perfect stamp set for someone who had a boy in the family.  And since Eli had just been born, I just had to have it.  I really had not had the opportunity to play around with it before but thought that this was probably a great time to try it out.  I really like how this card came out.  The supplies that I used for this card were: 

STAMP SET:  I Dig You
PAPER:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Night of  Navy
INK:  Night of Navy, Basic Black, Soft Suede
ACCESSORIES:  Striped Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, More Mustard, Basic Black, and Basic Gray Markers, 3/8" Denim Jean Blue Ribbon, Scallop Border Punch

I used the Plaid Background Technique which uses the Striped Embossing Folders but I will explain that on a later post.  I think that the plaid really makes the card.  It makes the card more interesting.  and it reinforces that little boy feeling for the card.  It is a cute set for all those tough little guys out there.

It has been a long week.  I still have a lot to do this week.  I did not realize how much there is to do.  I need to thank all of you who have been so kind during this difficult time.  It is knowing that you care that has given me strength.  I am off to start making some Thank You cards.  Eli is coming over today because I need to watch him today.  Another busy day.  Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment