Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nashville Swaps-Part 2

This is the other card which I plan to swap at Nashville. I changed this design a few times until I finally decided on this one. I originally wanted the top piece have a lot of candles instead of the dots but when I used the candles, it seemed to overtake the card. So I decied to use the dots in a variety of bright colors. I think using the bright colors made the card feel more festive. This card has numerous textures in it which are created by using various Embossing Folders, crimper, and the designs on the DSP. I personally think it is a fun card. The supplies used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Create A Cupcake, Bring On The Cake
PAPER: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
INK: Pacific Point
ACCESSORIES: Crimper, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Build A Cupcake Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Small Heart Punch, Big Bold Cupcake Sizzlet Set, Dazzling Diamonds, Spray Adhesive ( non SU ), Red Glimmer Paper, Dimensionals

The items in RED are available in the Occasions Mini.

The card ended up taking longer to make than I had originally thought. As I was working on the card, I kept changing things which added to the time it would take to make it. I realize that it is taking more time to make but I think it looks better than the first sample. Today I plan to finish these swaps. I am half way done and I really need to have them finished today. I can't wait to get to Nashville and see what other people have been working on. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love those dots!! I just ordered this set and punch, I can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will like it. And yes, I will keep you informed about Leadership

    ReplyDelete