Monday, April 28, 2014

April Technique Class- Card 1

Well, I think I am finally back or at least I will be able to be more consistent with my posts.  The family member who has been in the hospital for almost three months is out now.  Hopefully the running I was doing will be reduced and I can get back to doing more stamping.  I missed it so much.

The theme this month for my Technique Class is "April Showers Bring May Flowers".  So all the cards had flowers on them.  What I did for this card was to show my customers how you can combine 2 different flower punches and create a different flower.  I first saw Jackie Topa make a Daffodil on her blog and decided I just had to show my customers.  

The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Blooming With Kindness
PAPER:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green
INK:  Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie
ACCESSORIES:  Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack Punches, Extra Large Oval, Designer Frames, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Glue Dot

To make the Daffodil, I took the Petite Petals Punch and punched a shape out of Daffodil Delight Cardstock.  Then I took the ruffled flower shape punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and punched using the Daffodil Delight Cardstock.  The smalls punched shape I sponged the edges using Pumpkin Pie Ink.  I them shaped into a small cup shape and placed in the center of the Petite Petal Flower using a Glue Dot.  I cut very thin long pieces from the Gumball Green Cardstock and placed them behind the petals to make it look like the Daffodil's leaves.  I was pleased how it all turned out.

Today is a three kid day, so I am off and running after them.  Thank goodness it is nice outside today so we can all go outside to play.  Come back tomorrow to see another of the cards we did this month.  Enjoy the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment