Monday, January 28, 2013

January Technique Class- Card 1

The theme for my technique classes this month was "Glitz & Glitter".  And what a perfect theme it was since Stampin' Up kicked off their 25th anniversary this month at Leadership. This is the first card that we made at my classes this month. 

This card used the a technique to color the Silver Glimmer Paper.  This time I used a Sponge Dauber to color the Glimmer Paper instead of using an Aquapainter.  All you need to do is place a few drops of Re-Inker into a container.  Take a Sponge Dauber , dip it into the container to soak up some of the re-inker, and then sponge over the Glimmer Paper.  The supplies that I used fro this card were:

STAMP SET:  The Open Sea
PAPER:  Not Quite Nave, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Silver Glimmer Paper
INK:  Not Quite Navy, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
ACCESSORIES: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Cherry Cobbler's Baker's Twine, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Soft Suede Ink Refill, Sponge Dauber

This card was designed before I left for Orlando and all my supplies were cut.  When I came home I changed the layout.  And then the first day I had the class, I added the Baker's Twine because it needed something added to it.  My cards a lot of the time are works in progress.  I am always thinking how I can change it or make it better.  

Speaking of Silver Glimmer Paper, during Sale-A-Bration if you host at least a $150 party you will receive a package of Silver Glimmer Paper.  That is in honor of Stampin' Up's 25th Anniversary.  Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. What a great card, I hadn't realized that the stars were colored until you mentioned it. I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete