Friday, September 18, 2009

Technique Class Pumpkins

Here is the second card that my classes are working on for techniques this month. The technique on this card is the tying of ribbon. This is very simple to do and can give your card slightly more personality. This was shown in the new Idea Book and Catalog and I thought it just added that something extra to a card. I used the 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon for the project plus Linen Thread to tie the ribbon in various spots. I used it on this more simple card. I think if you would use this technique on a card that was not as simple, you would loose the effect that the ribbon gives. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Autumn Harvest
PAPER: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Only Orange, Whisper White
INK: Black Staz-On
ACCESSORIES: Wonder Crayons - Soft Subtle, Bold Brights and Earth Elements, Blender Pens, 5/8" Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Corner Rounder Punch, Dimensionals, Paper Snips

This is my favorite time of year, when the leaves are changing and it starts to cool off. I love making Autumn cards because of the colors. The Earth Element color family fits in so nicely when working on Fall cards. Today I am packing for yet another vacation. It seems that all my trips have been this month. I plan to take along some stamping supplies to keep me busy in case it rains. The weather forecast for next week is not looking very good so I want to make sure I have something to keep me busy. Go out and enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment