Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Autumn Days Are Here

Around here, it is beginning to feel like Autumn. The air has been cooler the last few days and I am beginning to get in the harvest time mode. Yesterday, I made batches of soup to freeze and today I think I will make apple crisp. Those are things that I do in the Fall. I think I will also get my Autumn decorations out today. So it is so appropriate that I post this card today. The image comes from the stamp set "AUTUMN DAYS". I really like this set because I think it is really versatile. I used the Aura stamping technique. If you notice the wheat is a little fuzzy in the back. I misted the watercolor paper with water and then stamped the image on using Crushed Curry. After I allowed the image to dry, I then stamped the image again using Dusty Durango. The background looks fuzzy because I went the paper first and allowed the image to get blurred. This is a very simple card otherwise. Sometimes simple is best depending on what feel you are going after. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SET: Autumn Days
PAPER: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Whisper White
INK: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango
ACCESSORIES: 1- 1/4" Old Olive Striped Ribbon, 5/16" Jumbo Brads

I like the new wide striped ribbon that Stampin' Up has this year. I think it really adds to the card. I hope the weather is as nice where you are as nice as it is here. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment