Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall Fest Halloween

I love the products in the new Holiday catalog!  There is so much to choose from.  I really love it all! But I will say that I really love the way Stampin' Up is offering more matching Framelits and stamp sets.  This set, "FUN FEST"  has to be one of my favorites.  Although I admit that I have a lot of favorites in the catalog!  Here is a card that I made last night.  

I like the idea of the pumpkins sitting on the ground in a pile of multi colored leaves.  I needed a card that was more for a child so I felt that if you have a lot of jack-o-lanterns and a friendly looking ghost that might do the trick.  This is a very friendly kid card and not a scary one.  I am not into scary cards.  The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMP SETS:  Good Greetings, Holiday Home, Fall Fest
PAPER:  Whisper White, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
INK:  Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
ACCESSORIES:  White Embossing Powder, Heating Tool Fall Fest Framelits, Big Shot, 1-3/8" Circle Punch

Here are a few tips to make this card:

1. Because these are Photopolymer Stamps, you can place more than one stamp on a clear block.  Load up a clear blocks with stamps and them you can ink a number of them at a time. (this is what I did to stamp the pumpkins and leaves all at the same time)  

2.  You can place all the stamped images on the clear plate and place the co-ordinating framelits on top of the images.  This way you can cut out a number of images at the same time.  This will save you time by doing all and not just one image at a time.

3.  I stamped the pumpkins and leaves in 3 different shades of orange.  This was to create more interest.  

4.  I stamped and cut out a number of pumpkins and leaves.  More than I needed.  I then put them in small bags for later.  This way I can use these leaves and pumpkins on a number of different cards.  I do not have to cut them for each time I create a new card so it saves time when trying to create different designs for cards.  

I hope this tips will help.  I think these tips will help you save time while trying to come up with a number of ideas using the same pieces.  This card might be a contender for my Halloween Gathering that I have each year.  Well... I only have 1 grandchild today and as soon as this posts, we are going to run some errands.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment