Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Eli's Class Valentine Cards



I have been making Eli's class Valentine's since he started to go to daycare.  This year was the easiest year to come up with an idea because Eli loves "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".  So it was a given that I would buy the stamp set "HEY VALENTINE".  That set has the cutest little pirate stamp and I knew he would fall in live with it.  Grandma was right and he was so excited for me to start my design for his card.  






I was so excited to do this for him.  So I starting thinking about the cartoon show and they are always collecting gold dubloons.  I then thought it would be cute to find those big, gold foiled candy coins and add it to his card.  So here is a pic of the inside of the card.  I decided to make it a match book card so I would be ale to fit the coins into the card.  I adhered the candy with Glue Dots


These are the supplies that I used for this card:

STAMP SETS:  Hey, Valentine, Delightful Dozen (retired set)
PAPER:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
INK:  Cherry Cobbler
ACCESSORIES:  Gold Foil Candy Coins, Stapler, Glue Dots, Black Marker, Smokey Slate, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Skintone Blendabilities

I used the Be My Valentine stamp for the inside even though it was retired because Eli is going to stamp the sentiments for his cards.  He wanted to do something to help so I let him use my retired stamps for these cards and the ones he wants to make for his teachers.  He is thrilled!  But he does have one concern.  He wonders if his friend in preschool will know how to open the card to get to the candy!  But after thinking about theta problem for a while, he has decided he will show all of his friends how to open it.  Guess my idea for the Matchbox Card was not a hit with him.

It has been a long time since I posted and I truly have missed sharing with you.  A relative went into the hospital which already added to a crazy month.  Trying to get rid of my Bronchial pneumonia, getting ready for Leadership and then going to Leadership,  has helped to make it a very stressful month.  But I am better and the relative is now home, so I am ready and eager to start posting again!  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment