Monday, August 6, 2012

Baby Shower was Great!


Well the baby shower is finally over and all went well.  I can now show you some of the things I have been working on.  We had a Candy Buffet for the favors.  I made the Candy Buffet sign using the Rosette Die and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock.  The letters were made using the retired Alphabet and Daffodil Delight cardstock.  After making the rosettes, I adhered them to dowels and stuck them in bud vases I had and filled them with white rice.  I then stuck the dowels into the vases at various heights to create more interest.  The colors were various shades of turquiose and yellow.  I choose different candies that were blue and yellow.  I had Blue Gummi Bears, Dove chocolate wrapped in blue, yellow sweet tart ducks, Vanilla flavored Tootsie Rolls wrapped in blue and yellow salt water taffy.  


Of course I needed a favor box to put the candy in.   I used the Favor Box Die to create the box.  Then I used the Daffodil Striped Ribbon which is now retired around the box.  The Embellished Events stamp set to decorate the front.  I took the Rubber Duck Toy stamp and markers to color the stamp and stamped the image on the Apothecary Labels Framelits.  I placed Cello Bags into the boxes so that they could put their candy in the box to take it home.  I made 60 of them.  There were 50 people at the shower but it always better if you make extra just in case.  That is enough for today.  I will be posting more pictures tomorrow.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment