Friday, September 23, 2011

You're Invited!

I have been asked to make wedding invitations, save the date cards, shower invitations, thank you cards and favors for the shower. The wedding is supposed to be elegant and simple. The colors are limited to black and ivory and I think that will make for a very elegant wedding. This is a sample that I made for the shower. I will post other pieces of this collection after the dates have come and gone. The supplies that I used for this card were:

STAMPS:Wedding Sweet
PAPER: Very Vanilla, Basic Black
INK: Versamark
ACCESSORIES: Black Embossing Powder, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Heating Tool, Big Shot, 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Pearls

At first I thought not having any colors to work with would be difficult especially since I love color. But once I got started on these cards, I really liked the simplicity and elegance that they had. I hope they like what samples I come up with. I am hoping to get the samples done this weekend. Wish me luck! This week has been very busy with running my father to various Dr.'s. Today, we have to take him to the hospital for an outpatient procedure. Not all weeks are like this but this past week has been a rough one. Today is another rainy day here. I hope it does not rain hard or for a long time because the water finally stopped coming into the basement. And it is just getting more frustrating and depressing the more times we have to do take care of the water coming in. Enjoy your day! Hopefully the weather is great where you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment